MENU

Thursday 15 March 2018

Free Blooming Basket Card & Stamping Symphony Blog Hop

Image may contain: text

Good Morning, and happy March Break!  It's been a busy one at my house, and I am late for my blog hop!!!  Sorry about that!

This month's theme was embossing, and I am thrilled with how my final card turned out.


I used my Simply Scored scoreboard to score a diamond pattern on a piece of 5.25" x 4" Whisper White cardstock.  I placed a pretty pearl at the intersection of each line to highlight the pattern.

My central image is from the new Sale-A-Bration stamp set Blossoming Basket--it is so pretty an only available until the end of the month, so get yours before it is gone!  I stamped the basket on a piece of vellum in Versamark ink and silver embossing powder.  I then used my Stampin' Write markers to colour in the flowers and leaves, which left a pretty, soft look to the image.



Here's a closer look:


I fussy cut around the image and adhered to my card front with lightly applied Tombow adhesive.  It just melts into the background and you really have to look to see that it isn't stamped directly onto the card.

I stamped my sentiment (from the same stamp set) on a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock in Basic Black, and handcut the ends into flags.  I adhered it to the front of my image with some dimensionals (of course!).

I once again left the inside of my card sentiment-free, but that doesn't mean leaving it undecorated! :)  I repeatedly stamped a small portion of the basket image on a strip of watercolour paper with Versamark, carrying it across the full 5.5" width of my card, and then added more silver embossing powder and heat set.  I then used my ink pads and aquapainter to colour in the image, and adhered it to the bottom of the inside of the card base.


I love the washed out look of the watercolour combined with the shimmer of silver embossing, it turned out just as I had hoped!

I hope you are spending some of your March break crafting too!  And keeping a better eye on the clock than I am!  :)

Please keep hopping to see what my teammates created this month!

JustBStamping (Barb--you're here!)

If you are interested in earning this stamp set for Free, please message me and I can give you all the details.

Have a great day,
Barb


2 comments :