MENU

Sunday 25 March 2018

Final Freebie Celebrate You Card

That's right, Sale-A-Bration officially ends on March 31, so there are just days left to earn some great free products that coordinate with items from the Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalgue (those are still available until the end of May). 

Without a doubt my most-used Sale-A-Bration item has been the Celebrate You die set.  It comes with three versatile word dies--Celebrate, Amazing, and You--in three fantastic fonts, allowing you to mix and match to your hearts content!  Mostly I have been using the "celebrate" die, so this week I wanted to show you something "amazing," pun intended ;).





Yes, I know, another rainbow card!  I can't stop myself!  Perhaps I'm dreaming of some spring rain
and sun after a gloomy white winter?

I started with a Thick Whisper White card base and added an embossed mat using the newly released Basket Weave Dynamic folder.  This was just released as a Sale-A-Bration freebie in February, and will be carrying on in the new annual catalogue as well.  The Dynamic embossing folders are quite thick compared to regular embossing folders, and leave a very deep impression.  I gently spritzed my white cardstock with plain water before running it through my Big Shot, so that the paper really took the impression cleanly, and to reduce the risk of tearing.

I cut a stitched circle out of watercolour paper and coloured my rainbow with an aqua painter and a bunch of bright ink colours (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay, and Sweet Sugarplum), allowing the colours to blend organically where they met.  This is such a fun way to play with colour!

Once my rainbow was dry I spritzed the entire circle with water droplets (I find the farther I am from the surface, the finer the mist that hits the paper), and used a paper towel to quickly absorb the water, removing a bit of the colour and giving the piece that rain splattered look.



I cut my sentiment, "amazing", from more thick whisper white cardstock, just to give it more strength since I knew it was going to be wider than my circle base.  I adhered it to the circle using my fine tip glue pen, which was a pain-free way to glue something so intricate.  Love it!

I mounted the circle to the front of my card with a couple of dimensionals, because I can't make a card with them. :)

This card came together so quickly and easily I just had to make another!  This one uses some retired Stampin' Up! products (the Heart thinlits, "Joy" die, and the embossing folder), but once it popped into my head I had to get it out!


I added a little bit of white shading around the edge of my heart with Whisper White craft die and a sponge dauber, just to soften the edges. 

Don't miss out on your last chance to get your hands on these amazing Sale-A-Bration items before they are gone forever!  Also, the 2016-2018 In Colours (Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach and Sweet Sugarplum) are set to retire on May 31.  The retiring colours and their coordinating products SELL OUT FAST!  So don't delay!  (Flirty Flamingo is one of my personal faves)

I'm looking forward to a few big events over the next couple of weeks--Easter this weekend, and OnStage next weekend  (that's where I get a sneak peek at the new annual catalogue coming out in June!!).

What are you looking forward to this week?

Have a good one,
Barb

Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment