MENU

Sunday 13 August 2017

Growing Old(er) with Humor

I don't know about you, but I stopped counting my birthdays several years ago.  I didn't, however, lose track of the count for those people who are, and will always be, older than me!  The way I see it, the only way to feel better about getting old is to make fun of the people who get there before you.  :)  Kind of like a bait and switch. 

My second oldest sister celebrated her birthday last week and this was a prime opportunity to have some fun!  I knew just the stamp set I wanted to use: the Five for All set has a bunch of fun sentiment pairs to make any birthday a little easier to take.  Once I had decided which one I was going with, I knew exactly how I wanted the completed card to look.



I thought the sentiment alluded to the big philosophical question most of us face as we get older, so I wanted to make the card reflect that sort of "big picture" thinking.  I inked a street scene in Whisper White on Basic Black cardstock using the In the City hostess set, and then white embossed the first half of the sentiment below.  I sponged the light glow in Crushed Curry just above the sky line of the buildings.  Then I sponged the night sky in Night of Navy, letting it naturally get lighter as it got closer to the skyline.  It's hard to see in the picture but I added some sparkly stars with my Wink of Stella pen. The street scene is attached to the night sky with dimensionals, and then the whole thing is matted to some silver glimmer paper before adding it to the Night of Navy card base.

The inside sentiment reads "...like 'Why did I walk into this room?'".  Funny, because I know I do that all the time!!  And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.  There's nothing quite as demoralizing as standing in front of a filing cabinet seriously trying to remember what you walked two feet to get!  And there are so many more great funny sentiments in this set, and not just about getting older, so I know I'm going to get lots of use out of it.

Now for some news:  I am very excited to be joining the Tri-City Stampers Blog Hop this month!  Stay tuned for my post later this week (Friday) and then please make sure you check out the other blogs, as they always have amazing work to showcase.

See you Tuesday!
Barb


Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment