MENU

Friday 18 August 2017

Blog Hop Featuring Carols of Christmas




Welcome to my first blog hop--I'm so excited you landed here!  I enjoy being part of the Tri-City Stampers so much and am always inspired by what my teammates create, so I hope I represent myself well!

This month's hop theme featured the Carols of Christmas set, which I adore!  It's so easy to make a beautiful Christmas card with these large central images and very little else.  I also have the coordinating Card Builder Thinlits, which really helped amp up the overall look.  This stamp set is available as a pre-order for customers, ahead of the official catalogue launch on September 1.  It's a great way to get a head start on your Christmas crafting!  Just click on the shopping link (to the right) to check out all the other great stamps in this set.

Here is my card!


 

This is yet another one those times where I wish I could take lovely photos. :(  The upper half of this card in real life is so pretty with the silver heat embossing on the sentiment, as well as the "night sky" I stamped across  the upper edge of the front panel.  Hopefully you can use your imagination!

As I said, I heat embossed the sentiment and star/snowflakes in silver on a Basic Grey panel.  I used the tree dies in the Card Builder framelit set to make a tree line out of Whisper White that was adhered directly on to the panel, and then cut a few extra trees which I popped up on dimensionals in front of the background trees, to create some depth. Check out the photo below to really see that layering effect.

 

Hmm, not sure if that stands out or not?  I see a photography class in my future!

I tied a pretty bow in the wonderful new Powder Pink finely woven ribbon (absolutely lovely ribbon to work with!!), and then adhered my panel onto a Basic Grey card base. 

Because my card front is very simple and clean I decided to keep the inside fairly simple as well.  I used one of the Card Builder dies twice to create the border around my inside panel.  It's a very versatile die, as it can be used on any length of rectangle, and you can even use it just once to dress up either the top or the bottom of the piece.  I used a stamp from the new Hearts Come Home stamp set for the inside sentiment, as I thought the reference to "peace" really suited this design.


 
And for good measure, here is one more picture of the full card. 



 
Please continue hopping and check out the ways my teammates used this great set.  They are sure to inspire you!
 
 


Until next time, I'll justBstamping--will you?  :)
 
Barb 
 
 

Product List

2 comments :

  1. Enjoyed your card for your first blog hop! Love your silver embossing on the top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Susan, and for your kind comment!

      Delete