MENU

Monday 21 August 2017

Frozen Lemonade (or Strawberry Daiquiri?)

Well, that was another whirlwind weekend! 

On Friday I hosted my watercolouring class and it was a lot of fun!  I had a great time showing three different ways to watercolour, and while the "smooshing" technique was a little tricky, I think my three classmates were happy with their completed projects.  Crafting with some like-minded people was a great way to unwind after a long and stressful work week.

We also had soccer finals this weekend (on both Saturday and Sunday, as all three kids played soccer again this summer).  A's team ended up winning the tournament, after almost being eliminated in their very first game, so it was an exciting run, although time consuming as they played three games to get to the end!  S's team turned in a very fun performance (it's so much fun to watch 7-year-olds play!), and M's team put in a solid game on Sunday.  We have another round of medals/trophies to add to the shelf, and will be putting away the cleats and shin pads for another year.

Although I enjoyed all of our weekend activities, they didn't leave a lot of time for crafting!  I did get a card or two created though, and I also worked on some items for my upcoming Holiday Catalogue Launch Party!  I'll be hosting an Open House on Saturday, September 9th and showcasing some of the fabulous new products for Fall, Halloween and Christmas.  Check out my Events Page in the next few weeks for more details.

On to this week's card....

It was a HOT week last week as we made our way through the Dog Days of Summer.  I have already designed my Coffee Café items for my September Card Class (Sept 15), one of which is an iced coffee card, perfect for sending to someone you haven't seen all summer, but are ready to catch up with as the summer winds down.  I, however, do not drink coffee.  I'm a frozen lemonade girl, with the occasional frozen daiquiri or margarita added in for good measure :).  And that is what is inspired my blog card this week:


Yep, that's more watercolouring!  This time I tried "no line" watercolouring, and I think it turned out very well (although I could use some more practice for sure!).  I also used a new double-bow-tying technique, which was so easy, you'll be sure to see more of those bows moving forward! 

This is such a simple but pretty summery card, and the watercolouring is really the star of the show.  I started by stamping the coffee cup from the Coffee Café bundle in Crumb Cake (just use the lightest colour ink you have on hand) on watercolour paper, and then used a combination of Melon Mambo and Powder Pink with my aqua painter to create the lemonade.  I then cut out the finished cup with the coordinating framelits from the bundle.  The sentiment is from the Mixed Drinks set and I stamped it on watercolour paper, then adhered the straw (in Basic Black, and again cut with the coordinating die) to a stitched oval.

I used the Timeless Textures stamp set to create a very subtle background of water rings, and I love that this set pairs so well with the Coffee Café set.  This was mounted onto a piece of Powder Pink cardstock, after I had tied the Powder Pink bow.  The Basic Black card base really helps that Melon Mambo pop!

Here's another view:


I think anyone would love to receive this card and an invitation to get together and catch up on how their summer has gone!

My countdown is on to my vacation week next week, where I hope to spend a lot of time creating holiday items for my open house, between doing last minute summer fun with the kids, and getting them ready for back-to-school.  The time will fly for sure!

See you next time,
Barb
justBstamping



Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment