MENU

Wednesday 30 August 2017

Baby Quilt Card & Gift Card Holder

I love babies, particularly now that my baby is a seven-year-old video game and sports fanatic with little time for cuddling.  That may be why I instantly saw pretty little baby quilts when I first saw the new Quilt Builder Framelits and matching Christmas Quilt stamp set.  Is there anything sweeter than a newborn wrapped in a pretty little quilt?  Or an infant playing blocks on the quilt spread on the floor?  But I digress.

My mom is an avid (and fantastic) quilter, and I know I'll be making her a card for her birthday next month with this set, but I had to get baby quilts out of my system first!  The bundle also has a matching paper pack full of gorgeous stitched paper in Real Red and Garden Green (hence the Christmas connection), as well as some coordinating embellishments.  This is such a fun set to play with that I made some samples in Christmas colours for my upcoming Holiday Catalogue Open House (September 9, see my events page for more details) too!  I could spend all day mixing and matching!



Yep, that's a match baby sock gift card holder you see--how cute is that?!  I took another Christmas set, the Christmas Stocking Thinlits, and made a 3D sock with a pocket that is perfectly sized to hold a gift card for the new mother's favourite baby store.

Here is a close up of the quilted front of the card...


Can you see that beautiful stitched embossing folder background?  It is sooo pretty in real life!  To make my quilt I cut the die out of Whisper White and Powder Pink cardstock.  I inked a floral stamp in the set with Melon Mambo on Powder Pink to make the centre of my quilted square, inlaying the pieces into the Whisper White frame (a modern take on paper piecing).  I used the same floral stamp with some Smoky Slate ink to make some contrasting pieces, and then stamped the corner pieces with another stamp from the set.  Did you notice the beautiful Smoky Slate stitching?  That was stamped after assembling the whole piece!  Such a delicate detail to really finish off the look. 

The quilted square was mounted onto a Powder Pink panel, and then on to the embossed Whisper White panel, and finally onto the Melon Mambo card base.  I added a strip of Whisper White with a sentiment from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set, stamped in Basic Gray, and I stamped the inside of the card with a cross-stitched border stamp.

In the name of gender equality, I had to make a set in blue too!  I used several different colours to make my quilted square here, and so removed one of the mats, as I thought there was already enough going on.  The colour combination of Pool Party, Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, and Smoky Slate are just manly enough for a special little boy.

 
 
 
I used the same embossing folder for the blue set, but I used it to de-boss the paper, which offers a different look altogether.  You can really see it in the picture above.

I think they make a very pretty and unique way to celebrate with a special mom-to-be!

Thanks for stopping by!
Barb

Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment