MENU

Monday 7 August 2017

Friends Until Pigs Fly

I'm lucky to have a few friends that I consider "lifers."  You know the ones--high school friends that have seen you though university, first jobs, husbands, kids, mortgages.  The ones you can depend on for a laugh or a cry, no matter how long it's been since you last spoke.  I'm not going to get into specifics about how long ago high school was for me....let's just say it has been a decade or two and leave it at that!  Life gets busy and we may not see each other very often but these friends are often in my thoughts.

I made this card specifically for one of those friends, L, for her birthday tomorrow (she's already received it, so I am okay to post!).   As soon as a saw the This Little Piggy stamp set I knew I had to use it to make something special for her.  As a pig farmer she has a lot of pig paraphernalia already, and I knew she would appreciate it! 

I started out stamping my pig in black archival ink, and then watercolouring him with both Powder Pink and Flirty Flaming once dry.  I really wanted to play with the new embossing paste and the sky mask and I think they really turned out looking like fluffy clouds in real life.  L's absolutely favourite colour is well-known to be yellow, so I thought a yellow balloon bouquet was a perfect addition. :)  A little gold metallic thread wrapped around my piggy has helped him to take flight.  I used the Labeler Alphabet to make my own sentiment--it's so handy to have when you know exactly what you want to say, and Stampin' Up didn't already think of it!

I make a lot of cards throughout the year just because I have an idea in my head and want to play, but I always make cards specifically for the special people in my life when the time comes to celebrate something with them, and this card is the perfect example.  I think it suits L and our relationship to a T!

Have a great week!
Barb

Product List

1 comment :

  1. This really made me smile, Barb, as I'm sure it did for your friend. Fabulous little scene. Love how the balloons are carrying piggy.
    Thanks too for your lovely comment on my blog.
    Di 😊

    ReplyDelete