MENU

Sunday 23 July 2017

Anniversary Wishes

I had a few unexpected vacation days last week, which was a very pleasant surprise.  I usually don't take my holidays until the last week of August, so it was a special treat to get a few days this early in the season.  Even better, because of the last-minute nature, I didn't have time to stress about what to do with the kids!  We ended up treating them to a whirlwind 24 hours at a waterpark hotel in Niagara Falls, and it was a blast.  I spent my time relaxing pool-side and designing future cards--I have a lot in the queue!  On to this week's card....

My parents do not like to be the centre of attention, but they celebrated their 48th Anniversary this week, and you can't just let that go by unrecognized!  Forty-eight years, five successful kids (I have to say that, I think they all read this blog!), and eleven grandkids is a legacy they should be proud of.  They are an incredible example of how to make it work. 

In keeping with their preference for short and sweet when it comes to sentimentality, I made a simple card to help celebrate their day.


(you may have noticed that the photo is terrible again....I took this picture before I finished my DIY photo box, and I can't believe the difference.  I did, however, figure out how to watermark my photos, so bit-by-bit I'm getting there!  Hopefully by next week I'll have all the pieces put together into one fantastic photo!).

This card was very easy to make using the Celebration Time bundle.  Isn't the bow on the top of that cake so pretty?!  I love the really intricate dies that Stampin' Up has been putting out, they are so detailed.  I heat embossed the "icing" in copper powder on Powder Pink cardstock and mounted the cake on a Very Vanilla stitched oval, accented with copper thread.  I anchored the cake piece to my card with a strip of Sweet Sugarplum cardstock topped with some Burlap Ribbon.  The Very Vanilla card base is double-mounted with Powder Pink and Crumb Cake layers, and I dry embossed the Crumb layer with the Softly Falling folder (it's not just for snow!).

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!

Love,
Barb



Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment