MENU

Monday 31 July 2017

Wishing you well

This week's card was a custom order for my dear friend and neighbor, D.  She has a co-worker who is retiring to a lovely plot of land in another province and wanted to wish her well in her new adventure.   I recently purchased a retired bundle from my upline and thought it would be the perfect opportunity to play with it!



I tried to create what I pictured as the new homestead--water for fishing, lots of trees--as well as the expected joy of waking up to beautiful mornings in retirement!  It's what we all dream about it, isn't it?

I started with a little Soft Sky for the base, a few different shades of green for the forest to give it some dimension, and a beautiful yellow sunrise to top it all off.  I clear embossed the lake so that in real life it is shiny, and coloured a little red house for the bottom corner.  Unfortunately I didn't have any fishes that were small enough to "swim" in the lake, so I saved them for the interior of the card, along with a wish for a happy retirement.

I had a lot of fun creating this card and using some of my retired (and thus not often used) stamps and dies.  It was like getting new stuff!

Stayed tuned for info on my August card class, which will be taking place on August 18.  I am featuring watercolouring techniques, since I am IN LOVE with that look.  It is so forgiving!  No such thing as a mistake with this colouring technique :).

I am looking forward to some extra crafting time this coming weekend as we celebrate another long weekend here in Ontario.  I'd love to hear what plans you have!

Barb
@justBstamping




No comments :

Post a Comment