MENU

Tuesday 15 August 2023

Stamping Symphony Fall Instahop

The summer is flying by and here we are with a fall-themed hop already!  I hope you're savouring every moment of the nice weather, but fall is my favourite time of year--so even though I'm not quite ready to think of crisp days I had a fun time creating something autumn-inspired for you today.

I got a sneak peak at the new Stampin' Up! mini catalog as a demonstrator and my head is spinning with ideas for all the fun new products!  Unfortunately my pre-order hadn't arrived in time for our team Instahop today, so I scavenged my existing supplies instead.  Just change up the colours and style and you have a fall card in no time!


I started with a colour palette that felt autumnal:  Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red and Wild Wheat, along with Crumb Cake and Pecan Pie for my neutrals.  I stamped a layer of Crumb Cake Cardstock with the Sketched Plaid Stamp Set in Crumb Cake Ink for a tone-on-tone background.  Then I distressed the edges and added some Pecan Pie Ink shading.  Finally, I flicked some Basic Black and Soft Suede Blends across the panel.

My flowers are created once again with the Paper Florist Dies, but have a completely different feel in these fall colours!  I adore this set, in case you haven't noticed.  :)   I die everything from cardstock and then distressed the edges with Crumb Cake or Pecan Pie Ink.  Instead of selecting a green for my leaves I actually used Wild Wheat, which I think fit the "muddy" palette really well!  

To create my ombre sentiment I coloured a piece of Basic White Cardstock with blends in lines, and then die cut my letters from the Alphabet A La Mode Dies.  I used a strip of Pecan Pie Cardstock embossed with the 3D Timber Embossing Folder to anchor my sentiment.  I gently swiped some Early Espresso Ink over the embossed paper, which highlighted the wood grain.  

Of course I had to add a bit of sparkle with the More Dazzle Specialty Paper stems and some Neutrals Adhesive-Backed Sequins.  And the Linen Thread triple bow for a final touch of whimsy.

The inside of my card continues with the theme, with some more flowers and distressed edges.

Be sure to head over to Instagram to hop along with the team this month, and then get started thinking about all of your fall projects!

Happy Crafting,
Barb


No comments :

Post a Comment