MENU

Sunday 22 January 2023

TGIFC404 Happy Birthday Challenge

For the #TGIFC404 challenge this week I decided to make a fun masculine birthday card--with a fun fold!  

Stampin' Up! Vintage Tools

This colour combination really brightened my day today; Granny Apple Green, Soft Suede, and Sahara Sand.  I broke out a new-to-me stamp set, Vintage Tools, paired it with a sentiment from the He's All That Stamp Set, and pulled it all together with some of the new Dandy Designs DSP (free right now through the Sale-a-bration promo).

The fun fold is very simple:  start with a Granny Apple Green card base of 4.25" x 8.75", scored at 5.5".  I embossed the long side of my card base with the new Cane Weave 3D Embossing Folder for some added texture.  My Dandy Designs DSP is 3" x 4" and layered onto a piece of Soft Suede Cardstock, and then added to the right side of the card base flap.

The smaller fold out piece, made from Sahara Sand Cardstock, is 3" x 8.5", is scored at 4.25".   I stamped a 2.75" x 4" Basic White Cardstock with random tools from the Vintage Tools Stamp Set in Sahara Sand Ink, and layered it on a piece of Granny Apple Green Cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment from the He's All That Stamp Set in Soft Suede Ink and then die cut it with the matching die from the All That Dies set.  This was popped up on Dimensionals to the centre of the card front, after tying some Linen Thread around the whole piece, and then glued to the Sahara Sand fold out.  Everything was then glued to a Soft Suede Cardstock piece cut to 3.25" x 4.5".

I heat embossed "happy birthday", from the Sentimental Park Stamp Set, in White Embossing Powder on a scrap of Soft Suede Cardstock.  I trimmed it with my Paper Snips and added it to the top corner of the card with Mini Dimensionals.  For a final masculine touch I added "rivets" to three corners of the label with Brushed Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots.


The inside is another piece of Basic White Cardstock sized to 2.75" x 4" and stamped with a few more Vintage Tools in Sahara Sand Ink.


Head over to the TGIF challenge site to see all of the entries this week, it's always so fun to see how everyone interprets the challenge!

Happy Crafting,
Barb



No comments :

Post a Comment