MENU

Thursday 15 December 2022

Stamping Symphony Colour Challenge Blog Hop

We are experimenting with colour today on the final Stamping Symphony Blog Hop of the year.  Sandy challenged us with this amazing combination of Sweet Sorbet, So Saffron and Smoky Slate.  At first glance I thought this colour combo was right up my alley....but then I struggled to make something I liked!  Does that ever happen to you?  I pushed through and have two projects to share with you that I hope you like more than I do! ;)


My first card was inspired by Berdien Weideveld, a Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team artist.  I loved the black and white floral DSP paired with the flowers, so I mixed it up with my own twist.  If you don't already follow the Artisan Design Team you need to!!  They are amazing creatives who I am always inspired by.  It is my dream to one day join their ranks.

My card base is Thick Basic White Cardstock cut to 4.25" x 11" and scored at 5.5".  To that I layered a piece of 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" Basic White Cardstock that I decorated with the Stitched Greenery Die.  I splattered some Smoky Slate Ink onto that panel, before layering a piece of 2022-2024 In Colour 6" x 6" DSP on top.  

My flowers are from the Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flowers Dies.  I stamped the large floral image in Versamark Ink and then heat embossed with White Embossing Powder on Watercolour Paper.  I did the same with the stand-alone leaf image in the set.  I then used my Water Painter to add ink to the images, using my Sweet Sorbet, So Saffron and Smoky Slate Inks as palettes.  

The flowers are layered onto the cardbase with Tombow adhesive, with some fussy cut images from the Perfectly Penciled DSP tucked in behind.  I added a little bit of yellow to some of the flower buds in that paper with my So Saffron Blends.

The sentiment is from the Happiness Abounds Stamp Set and is heat embossed on Basic Black Cardstock with White Embossing Powder and then die cut with a retired stitched oval die.  I seriously hope Stampin' Up! brings more stitched or pierced dies in the new annual catalogue last year--I can't get enough of them!  

My second card uses the same techniques for the watercoloured flowers, but I turned my card base to a landscape version (8.5" x 5.5" scored at 4.25").  This time I added a panel of Basic White Cardstock that I die cut with the Dots & Spots Die and then popped up on Mini Dimensionals.  

I added some Brushed Brass Butterflies fluttering around my flowers, and I kept my heat embossed sentiment on Basic Black Cardstock but switched it up to a new phrase from the Charming Sentiments Stamp Set.  

So the verdict is still out for me....what do you think?  Please leave me a comment below before you hop along to see what the rest of the Stamping Symphony team has for you!

Barb – JustBStamping (you're here)


Happy Crafting,
Barb 




No comments :

Post a Comment