MENU

Wednesday 5 January 2022

TGIF Challenge: Closure Card

For the TGIF Challenge #349 this week we were to make a card with a unique closure, which means--fun fold time!!  Fun folds are a favourite of mine and I love to find new ways to make a card even more special.

Gate Fold Card

I decided to go with a gate fold design, which is a Poppy Parade card base of 5.5" x 8.5" scored at 2 1/8" on each end, so the flaps meet in the middle.  Then I decorated the base with some papers from the new Flowering Fields DSP.  Aren't those tulips just so sunny and springy?!

For my closure I went way out of my comfort zone and tried something different and kind of abstract.  I die cut a bunch of different sized stitched circles using the Picture This Dies, and then ran them through my Stampin' Cut and Emboss Machine a second time with the Stitched Greenery Die for some texture.

I randomly placed the circles along the "seam" of my card, popping some up on dimensionals--and being careful not to accidentally glue my card shut!  Before adding my sentiment circle, which is from the Peaceful Moments Stamp Set, I layered a scalloped circle die (Layering Circles Dies) cut in Petal Pink, added dimensionals and ran my Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon behind it.  The ribbon wraps around the whole base and ties into a pretty bow, keeping the gates closed.

I also added some Polished Dots in Petal Pink over the card front in a random pattern.

For the inside of my card I added a strip of the same tulip DSP, and another sentiment from the Peaceful Moments Stamp Set.

Thanks for popping by today!  Please be sure to head over to the TGIF site and see all the other projects made this week too.  And if you have time to leave me a comment I would love to hear from you. 

I'm excited to share the details of my Winter Virtual Retreat with you as well!  It's going to be a lot of fun, all the details and the link to register can be found here.




Happy Crafting,

Barb



No comments :

Post a Comment