MENU

Sunday 14 March 2021

Pretty Parasol Here For You

This past week it has definitely felt like Spring here, which works out nicely since our Stamping Symphony Blog Hop theme this month is Spring (be sure to pop back tomorrow to join the hop!).  I am feeling the Spring vibe, enjoying the sunshine, and making tons of cards using the Pretty Parasol set....starting with this soft watercolour card:

I started with a rectangle of watercolour paper and heat embossed my images (grass and umbrella handle) in white, then added a watercolour wash over top.  The sky starts out with Pretty Peacock and fades into Pool Party, and the grass is a combination of Granny Apple Green and Garden Green for shading.

I also stamped an umbrella and rubber books in Versamark on some watercolour scraps and heat embossed those with white embossing powder too.  I coloured them with my aquapainter and Flirty Flamingo ink, layering it heavily on one side and gently washing it towards the other edge.  I fussy cut the umbrella and boots, but you could also use the coordinating Umbrella Builder punch for the umbrella instead.


I trimmed my background panel to 4 x 5.25" and adhered it to a thick white card base....this helps keep the watercolour panel from warping.  I then added my umbrella and boots to the card front, using dimensionals to pop them up from the base and give added dimension.

I heat embossed my sentiment, "I'm always here for you", on a scrap of black cardstock in white and added it to the edge of my card.  I popped the sentiment up on dimensionals as well.

I repeated the main images on the inside of my card, lowering the umbrella to the top of the boots, and colour washing the left-side of the panel, leaving lots of room for a personalized message.


Thank you for spending time with me today.  Please don't forget to come back tomorrow where I will have not one, not two, but THREE projects to share for our blog hop!  I'm so excited to share these projects.

And follow me on Instragram and Facebook to see more projects this week using the Pretty Parasol bundle.

     Happy crafting,

     Barb










 

No comments :

Post a Comment