MENU

Sunday 21 October 2018

Sprig Wreath Decor

It's been a while since I made a home décor piece with my craft supplies, so I decided to take a break from my buffet prep and make a plank sign.  These signs seem to be all the rage right now, and I bought a board way back in the summer to do something with...I just didn't know what!

I was inspired by some great projects on Facebook and Pinterest, and had to make a wreath with the new Sprig punch.  I thought it would take forever to punch out all the sprigs, and tons of paper too, but it was actually very fast.  And I only used about 3 pieces of paper (mostly I used scrap pieces).


And here is a full view of the board, and a card that also features the Sprig Punch:


The wreath came together very quickly.  I started with a large garden green circle and cut the centre out with a smaller circle die.  Then I started layering the sprigs on top, until I was happy with the depth and thickness.  

I used the new Merry Merlot & Copper Ribbon, wrapping it around my wreath, tying a bow, and stapling the ends to the back of the whitewashed board.  I used a glue dot to keep my ribbon in place,
but still allow the wreath to swing, rather than gluing the wreath directly to the board.

Finally, I topped the wreath with some copper die cuts, glued gently to the sprigs.

Here is a closer view of the card as well.  This card is one of the options at my Christmas Card Buffet this weekend.  There are still a few seats left if you are interested, just email me by Tuesday to get in on the fun!


Have a great week,
Barb



No comments :

Post a Comment