MENU

Tuesday 15 May 2018

Blog Hop Retiring Sprinkles of Life


We have added 2 blog hops for May--yay!  We are featuring soon-to-be retired products in each of the hops, and I chose the Sprinkles of Life set with coordinating Tree Builder punch.  



I purchased this set when it was first released as part of Stampin' Up!'s Ronald McDonald House campaign.  A portion of the sale goes to support this very worthwhile organization, which housed my husband and I when my daughter was born and needed treatment in the NICU an hour away from our home.  So I like to support them any way I can!

This set has so many different uses that I decided the best way to showcase some of them would be to make a gift box of four cards.  I decorated a Mini Pizza Box with a Soft Sky (retiring) scalloped square and added a stitched square of Flirty Flamingo.  I stamped some cupcake icing on Pink Pirouette (retiring) and punched it out with the coordinating Tree Builder (retiring) punch.  The sentiments are one of my favourite parts of the Sprinkles of Life (retiring) set--they are so cute and punny!


Here are the first two mini cards to go inside the gift box:


As you can see, the same punch that made my icing also makes the tree top and the basket of flowers--so clever!!

I used Wild Wasabi (retiring) for the tree card, and stamped all of my sentiments on Basic Black cardstock in White Embossing Powder.  This way, even though all of the cards are different, they have a common element.

Here are the insides:



The other two cards continue to show the versatility of this set.  The Crushed Curry card has watercoloured ice cream scoops, and the Soft Sky (retiring) card turns the tree trunk into a branch for the little bird to sit on.


I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the ice cream card, but the sentiment says "one good thing on top of another," and I layered that on a square of Mint Macaron.  Here is the inside of my bird card:


Despite all those uses, there are still MORE pieces to the stamp set that I didn't use, including a cloud, and an ice cream cone (that was too tall for my little cards)!  Here are all of the stamps:

Sprinkles Of Life Photopolymer Stamp Set

These cards are sized perfectly to fit our 3x3 envelopes, and all four cards and envelopes nestle inside the pizza box.  Wouldn't this make a great gift?  I think so, so I wrapped the whole thing with some (retired) Flirty Flamingo ribbon.


Thanks for stopping by!  To continue the hop:

JustBStamping (Barb--you're here!)

Retiring items are available while supplies last and typically go very fast, so please contact me right away if you are interested in any stamp sets, ink, embossing folders, or embellishments.  Head to my store here to see everything that is retiring. 

I am placing an order on April 30 and May 2, so email or message me if you would like to save on shipping!

Barb


Product List

1 comment :

  1. What an adorable set of cards and cute box to package them in! Will SO miss this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete