MENU

Sunday 6 May 2018

Animal Outing No Line Watercolouring

No line watercolouring is quickly becoming one of my favourite techniques--I love the soft look you get.  The new Animal Outing set from Stampin' Up! was just begging for this treatment, and I absolutely adore how my cards turned out!

Animal Outing No Line Watercolouring
Aren't those little critters just precious?!  I actually hadn't intended to make a set of these, but I loved the rhino and his little birdie friend so much, I had to give the kangaroo and koala bear some ink as well. :)

I started out just playing with the rhino, stamped in Smoky Slate on watercolour paper for fun.  I very carefully played with the ink with my aqua painter, trying not to "erase" the definition lines.  I added a little bit of Basic Grey ink for shading, and some Flirty Flamingo blush to his cheek and the birdie.

I then added just the softest touch around him, with some Pool Party shading around the top, and some Mint Macaron across his feet to ground him.


Isn't he too cute??

I was working on a scrap of watercolour paper, so I reached for my stitched circle framelits and was very pleased that one of the larger circles fit!  Kismet.


I used the very delicate Quilt Top Embossing Folder to give some baby-sweet texture to the white square I mounted on top of a 4" x 8" Mint Macaron card base.  Soooo happy this colour has been brought back!

I added some matching Mint twine and tied a tiny bow.  I mounted my rhino circle on top with dimensionals, and stamped my sentiment in black on tiny strips of Whisper White, and then layered them on top with dimensionals too.


On the inside I embossed just the edge of a square of whisper white with the same quilt folder, and added "celebrate" from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous set.

Then I tackled the kangaroo!  I followed all of the same steps, stamping and colouring with Crumb Cake ink, and adding some Smoky Slate for the koala bear.


The twine comes in a combo pack, so I used the matching crumb cake version here, and mounted everything on a pool party base.  Here is a closer look of the focal point.


I could not be happier with how these cards turned out.

Next time I'm going to make some "kid" cards, with the brights collection of colour.  I'm sure they are going to be just as much fun in vibrant colours!



Please leave a comment if you can, I'd love to hear from you!

Barb

Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment