MENU

Friday 22 March 2024

Monochromatic Hop with the Stampin' Friends and Nature's Sweetness DSP

I love a monochromatic card, a simple colour palette with papers that just speak for themselves can make crafting so much easier!  I had to use my favourite in colour, Pebbled Path, so I went looking through my stash for papers to match and easily landed on the Nature's Sweetness DSP.  Add in a fun fold, and my project for this month's Stampin' Friends blog hop almost made itself!


Let's start with the fun fold card base, as that's where the magic really shines for this card.  Due to the score marks and band, the centre panel of this card "pops" out when the card is opened, which is a lovely surprise.

Cut a piece of Basic White Cardstock to 5.5" x 8", and on the 8" side score at 2", 4", and 6".  All of the score marks are folded as valley folds, so your base looks like this:

Also cut a piece of cardstock 1" x 5", and score on each end at 0.5" to create tabs.  Glue this to the base between folds 1 and 3...it should stretch the full width of the inside of the card, with the two end panels folding in to create a gatefold for the front.

The DSP plays a major role in this fun fold, and luckily there were so many choices in the Nature's Sweetness pack that I had no trouble pulling together my favourites.  Here are the pieces you'll need:

- 1-7/8" x 5.25", 2 pieces, for the front panels AND 0.75" x 3.75"
- 1-7/8" x 5.25", 4 pieces, for the inside panels (can mix it up and use different patterns here if desired)

Glue the DSP front pieces to each side of the gatefold base, with a 0.25" border on all sides.  Repeat for the four pieces on the inside, tucking two pieces in behind the band we placed earlier, to hide the tabs.  You could choose to add the paper before adding the band, but in hindsight I wish I had been able to hide the tabs for a cleaner look.  Cover the band with the remaining piece of DSP, leaving that same 0.25" border on all sides.

My pop out panel is a piece of Basic White Cardstock layered onto a piece of Pebbled Path Cardstock.  I fussy cut one of the flora images from the DSP pack to decorate this panel and added my sentiment, from the Sentimental Park Stamp Set, in Pebbled Path Ink.  The panel is added to the inside band with strong adhesive just in the centre...so the band bends when the card is opened.

A belly band keeps the card closed so the inside remains a surprise.  I did add another piece of DSP to this bank, and a medallion die from the Thoughtful Expressions Dies.  I fussy cut another image from the Nature's Sweetness DSP and popped it up on Dimensionals, then stamped and added my fussy cut sentiment on top.  A few gold embellishments and my project was complete!

Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you like my project.  Be sure to keep the fun going by hopping along to see what everyone else has for you this month here:


Happy Crafting,
Barb


2 comments :

  1. This is great - what a fun fold - thank you for the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome monochromatic card and fun fold too. May have to use this in my next class!

    ReplyDelete