MENU

Sunday 7 May 2023

Creation Station Dots & Spots

The idea for this card just popped into my head as soon as I saw that our theme for the May Creation Station Design Team hop was "dots & spots."  I immediately thought of the Dots & Spots Die and the Taco Fiesta Stamp Set!

If you are joining me from Elizabeth Price's Seeing Ink Spots welcome!  I am always inspired by her projects, and hope you'll enjoy my card today.

I am LOVING colouring the images in the Taco Fiesta Stamp Set!!  They aren't tiny, so I don't have to worry overly much about colouring outside the lines, and I'm getting to use my bright Blends for a change (you know I'm more of a Subtles girl, but I can't help myself with this set!).

Starting with a piece of Basic White Cardstock I blended Real Red and Granny Apple Inks on a diagonal, keeping a strip of white down the middle so my colours didn't get muddy.  I added lots of ink, building it up over and over, to get those vibrant colours fading towards the middle.  I then die cut my panel with the Dots & Spots Die, and layered it onto a Thick Basic White card base.  I love the white polka dots showing through all that colour!

For the "spots" part of the theme I used my Picture This Die to die cut a bunch of different sized stitched circles.  This is such a quick way to die cut!  I stamped my sentiment, from the Taco Fiesta Stamp Set in Black Memento Ink onto one of the large circles, and then glued them randomly across the front of my card.

Those fun images are also from the Taco Fiesta Stamp Set and are coloured with Blends in Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Real Red, and Daffodil Delight.  So fun!!  I popped them each up on Dimensionals so they really jump off the card.

Some Basic Rhinestone Jewels and the front my card is colourful, sparkly, and perfect to celebrate a birthday. 

I used another piece of die cut Dots & Spots cardstock as a stencil for the inside of my card, which left me with coloured spots.  Then I gently blended ink over top to soften the look.  I added another stitched circle and some more coloured and fussy cut images to the inside of my card to keep the fun going.

Keep hopping through to see what the rest of the design team has for you this month, it's always so fun to see how differently everyone interprets the theme.  Next up is Kathy at KK Stamp, head there to continue on the hopping fun!



Happy Crafting,
Barb

No comments :

Post a Comment