MENU

Sunday 3 July 2022

Creation Station The Great Outdoors Blog Hop

It's the perfect time of year in Ontario to celebrate the great outdoors, so this month's Creation Station Design Team blog theme fits like a garden glove.  :)

I made this super fun side step card that is exploding with colourful flowers like a bountiful garden.  I wish I had a green thumb and could grow an abundance of flowers in my backyard, but at least I have beautiful paper!

I followed this tutorial from Splitcoaststampers for the card base--it's much simpler than it looks, you just cut an opening down the middle (not exact) of a regular 5.5" x 8.5" card base, and then score at various measurements to get the look of steps on the right side.  My card base is made from a half sheet of Starry Sky Cardstock, one of the new In Colours Stampin' Up! introduced in May.

I used three different prints from the Hues of Happiness DSP for the steps, and my favourite white wood background from the Heart and Home DSP pack.  I fussy cut many, many blooms from the Hues of Happiness DSP....the coordinating Blossoming Happiness Dies actually die cut around the images in the paper, but I love to fussy cut! 

My sentiment is from the Charming Sentiments Stamp Set, stamped in Starry Sky ink and die cut with the coordinating Sentiment Silhouettes Dies.  I also die cut a scrap of Basic White Cardstock with one of the Scalloped Contours Dies on which I stamped one of the florals images from the Happiness Abounds Stamp Set in Fresh Fressia Ink.  Before layering that onto my card base I tied some of the new 2022-2024 In Colour Baker's Twine in Starry Sky into a bow around it.  I LOVE this new twine--you get five colours and they go with EVERYTHING!  I use the Starry Sky with Night of Navy all the time, and noone knows the difference (shhhh)!

And of course I had to add some bling to my card with Rhinestones scattered throughout.

I also decorated the back of my card base, so there is room to write a personal message to the recipient.  I used a piece of Basic White Cardstock cut to 1.75" x 2.75", and another piece of the Hues of Happiness DSP cut to 1.75" x 2.75".  I stamped some additional floral images in Fresh Freesia and Starry Sky Inks as well.


Thank you so much for hopping by my blog today.  Please be sure to hop along to Mikaela Titheridge at The Crafty oInk Pen.  You can also join us as we hop on Instagram this month, visit me at @justBstamping to get started.



Happy Crafting,
Barb

4 comments :