MENU

Wednesday 15 June 2022

Stamping Symphony Masculine Cards

It's time for masculine cards this month as we head into Father's Day weekend.  These are always a challenge for me, since I generally make flowery, pastel cards, but the He's The Man DSP makes masculine projects super easy!

I started with an Early Espresso card base (5.5" x 8.5", scored at 4.25").  I used the smallest hexagon die from the Beautiful Shapes Dies to cut multiple shapes from scraps of the He's The Man DSP.  I also die cut hexagons from cardstock in Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, and Sahara Sand, and then embossed with with the Gingham Embossing Folder.

I created my paper-pieced background by starting with a piece of Basic White Cardstock cut to 4.25" x 5.5".  Starting in the bottom left of the panel, I glued a hexagon flush with the left side and bottom of the cardstock.  I then continued to add hexagons in a random pattern, lining each one up with the sides and top of a hexagon already laid down.  This kept my lines straight and ensured there were no gaps between pieces.  When the panel was completely covered, I cut it down to 3.75" x 5", making for clean edges.  Then I glued it onto another white panel, so that I had a very thin white border all the way around, and attached it to my card base.

For my sentiment, I used the two largest hexagon dies from the Beautiful Shapes Dies, and Cajun Craze and Sahara Sand cardstock.  After die cutting, I shaded the edges of both pieces with my Blending Brushes and the matching Ink.  The sentiment, "Holy Smokes You're Amazing" is from the He's All That Stamp Set and is so versatile--this could be a graduation card, an anniversary card, a birthday...the list goes on!  I added dimensionals between both layers, and the card base, and also added some Rustic Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots around the sentiment.

For the inside of my card I used a Basic White cardstock panel cut to 4" x 5.25" and a strip of 0.5" wide He's The Man DSP.  The "congratulations" sentiment is from the Charming Sentiments Stamp Set, and is stamped in Cajun Craze ink.

Thanks for stopping by today, please hop along to see the rest of the masculine projects we have for you this month:


Leena - A La Cards
 Sandy - Lolly & Sand
 Barb – JustBStamping (you're here!)
Jen - Stamping with Jen
Happy Crafting,
Barb



2 comments :

  1. Wow! All the colours just work don't they... and those dies! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love times 10! Amazing card Barb!

    ReplyDelete