MENU

Sunday 23 January 2022

#TGIFC352 Inspiration Challenge

For the #TGIFC352 inspiration challenge this week I went pretty literal, keeping the same colour palette (Fresh Freesia in my case) and the heart shape from the sketch...and even the ink-spot background!


After all, when a sketch is this great you don't need to change it up too much, right?!  

I created my background using the alcohol ink technique.  I started with a large piece of vellum paper and scribbled colour from my Fresh Freesia Dark Blends marker randomly over the vellum.  I then used an eye dropper to add 99% Isopropyl Alcohol on top of the ink, which causes it to become watery and moveable with some air blown on it.  I continued to add ink and alcohol until I got a look that I liked, then I trimmed my piece to be 5.25" x 4" and saved a 0.75" x 4" piece for the inside of my card as well.


Next, I die cut a bunch of stitched hearts using the
Give It A Whirl dies.  This set includes a bunch of decorative dies including four different sizes of hearts, and some clouds.  I die cut my hearts from Basic White cardstock and patterned paper from the Heart and Home DSP pack.  This paper is so pretty I am going to use every little piece!  



For my sentiment I die cut the largest heart from the Give It A Whirl dies in Fresh Freesia cardstock and heat embossed the phrase from the Happy & Heartfelt stamp set with White Embossing Powder.  I adore the hand written font in this set and it includes a wide variety of sentiments so it is very versatile.


I scattered the hearts overtop of the ink spot background, popping a few up on dimensionals (including my sentiment) and adding some Rhinestone Basic Jewels for some sparkle.


I decorated the inside of my card with that piece of vellum background as noted above and kept the rest blank so there is lots of room to personalize the card for a specific occasion, or to write a message.


Pop over to the #TGIF site to see all of the other projects inspired by this sketch!  If you have time to leave me a comment I would love to hear from you. :)

Happy crafting,
Barb






No comments :

Post a Comment