MENU

Monday 4 February 2019

Encouraging Cake International Blog Hop

Hello Everyone!  I am stepping way outside my comfort zone and participating for the first time in Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Hop!  If you like my project, please vote for me as I vie for a spot in Kylie's Top 10...I'd sure appreciate it. :)

The theme this month was "encouragement", and I thought for a long time about what that really meant to me.  I finally decided that it would mean celebrating a success in your life, even if you're only part way there (ie. passing your first high school exams even though you still have 3.5 years of school ahead of you).  I think we tend to only celebrate the big milestones in life, when really every big goal is made up of multiple small goals, and we should celebrate those too!

In the spirit of the new Stampin' Up! "Simple Stamping" initiative, here is my card of encouragement for someone who is one step closer to the big prize:


I am really loving the look of word art as a grounding feature!  I used the "Let's Celebrate You" sentiment from Broadway Birthday in Gray Granite, stamping twice before reinking to get some variation and depth to my background.  I intentionally stamped so a full line of the sentiment was visible at the bottom of my word art, so that it led right into the main sentiment, "You Deserve It" (also from Broadway Birthday).  That sentiment I heat embossed in white on Gray Granite cardstock, hand cut, and adhered directly onto my thick Whisper White base.

Those of you who follow me on Instagram (@justBstamping, and I hope you do!) know that I am having a love affair with the new Piece of Cake bundle.  Colouring those cakes just makes me happy!  :)  

I added my cake, coloured in Flirty Flamingo and Smoky Slate with hand drawn white get dots, on top of my word art with dimensionals.  Because I just can't make a card without dimensionals!


So much fun!  And I hope inspiring to the person who is chipping away at that big goal one step at a time!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!  If you would like to vote for my card, please click this link and check out the competition while you are there--it's a great gallery of stampers from all over the world for you to view.

And I leave you with one more view of my card.  Have a wonderful day!

Barb







2 comments :

  1. Hi, I just wanted to let you know I love your card, even though I didn't vote for you. (trying to support my fellow NC demo Jo Anne Hewins) I do love the simplicity of the card and the way you used the words light and dark for the background. Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Kathy, I appreciate you taking the time to comment. 😊

    ReplyDelete