MENU

Sunday 7 January 2018

Sale-a-brate Good Times, Come On!

Happy New Year!  I hope you had a wonderful holiday season.  We have enjoyed having a two-week break from work/school, but it's time to head back to our regular programming now :).  Luckily, Stampin' Up! helps with the after-holiday doldrums in a BIG way--with the launch of the new Occassions catalogue and Sale-A-Bration!!

Sale-A-Bration is a once-a-year promotion that allows you to earn FREE products with every $60 or $120 purchase.  This year there are some great free stamp sets, embellishments and, wait for it, even dies!!  For an even better deal, Stampin' Up! has added 2 FREE products of your choice to the demonstrator starting kit--which, at $135, is already saving a whopping $67.95 (no tax, no shipping), and the best part of all is there is no obligation.  I'd love to talk to you further about how great it is to be part of Stampin' Up!

The annual catalogue is still active, but there are some beautiful new products in the Occassions catalogue now too.  I have enjoyed spending some time playing with them over the last few days.  My newest creation, using the Cake Soiree bundle, is below:

 

This DSP is absolutely incredible!  Every page sparkles and shines.  I added some more sparkle with silver embossing powder on the sentiment, and some Wink of Stella glitter on the cake decoration.  In real life the shimmer on this card is beautiful!  I simply stamped one of the cake images in Calypso Coral ink on Powder Pink cardstock, and then added some "icing" flowers to decorate the cake even further.  I used the coordinating dies to cut everything out quickly, and used some dimensionals to give my cake some depth.

I used a length of the new Whisper White Organza ribbon and sponged some Calypso Coral ink over part of it, making my very own ombre ribbon to accent this card.  So much fun!  Here's a closer look at my custom ribbon:


I mounted everything on a Thick Whisper White card base, which gives the card a wonderful weight (no flimsy cards here!).  I love to decorate the inside of my cards as well, and since I think this card could be used for many celebrations (birthday, wedding, anniversary) I chose not to stamp a message inside the card, but instead just stamped a pretty flower border along the bottom edge with two more of the stamps from the Cake Soiree set.


And that's my first post of 2018!  I'd love to hear what you think of my card, please leave a comment if you have time.  And check out my Upcoming Classes page if you're interested in playing with some of these great products, and earning FREE items!

Have a great week,
Barb


Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment