MENU

Monday 9 October 2017

Thankful Treats

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I hope you had your fill of turkey, dressing and pumpkin pie this weekend!  It's hard to believe it's already Thanksgiving....wasn't it Easter last week?!  No matter how often I talk about time flying it just seems to speed up instead of slow down.  I suppose that's why the holidays are so important--they give you a reason to see family and catch up, have them remind you how much the kids have grown since they saw them last, and reflect on how lucky we are to have people in our lives we want to celebrate with.  Sappy, but true!

Every holiday I like to make a little treat for the people I work with to show them how much I appreciate them.  If you work a full-time job outside of the house, like me, you know how important it is to have a good group of people to share that time with.  I am blessed to have a team of passionate, fun and caring coworkers at my workplace, and I want them all to know I know it!

This year I decided to make a healthier choice for their little treats, and I settled on a clear treat box filled with trail mix and decorated with a sunflower from the Painted Harvest stamp set.  It's just so pretty, and I love that you get so much texture with just one ink pad (although this time I did use two colours, just because I could :) )

Here is a pic of the final product:


Isn't it so pretty and fun?!  I was really pleased with how it turned out, and yet it was simple enough to make in multiples (ie. I made 23 of them super fast!).
 
And a closer view...
 
 
 
I started with a Clear Tiny Treat Box and filled it with trail mix.  I then wrapped a 3/4" strip of the Painted Autumn DSP, keeping it a bit on the loose side so the wrap can be taken on and off easily.  Using Thick Whisper White cardstock I stamped that beautiful flower image in Daffodil Delight for the bottom, and Crushed Curry on the top, and then fussy cut the flower.  I'll never get tired of seeing that depth magically appear!  The centre is stamped in Crumb Cake with some Early Espresso seeds.  I used the coordinating Leaf Punch with Old Olive to make the foliage around the flower, using just one of the two-step stamps for some and both for others, just to help mix it up a bit.  I glued the leaves to the back of the flower and then adhered the whole piece to the DSP using dimensionals.
 
Finally, I added a Very Vanilla stitched oval (Stitched Shape Framelits) and a Crumb Cake scallop oval (Layering Ovals Framelits) to showcase my sentiment, which was stamped in Early Espresso.  This sentiment came from last year's Acorny Thank You set, which is retired, but there are lots of current sets that would work as well (I just felt this one really suited my purpose).
 
One more pic highlighting the top:



I love how this picture highlights the Thick Whisper White cardstock--look at the edge of that flower!

That wraps up another week for me.  I'll leave you with a bonus picture though...below is a picture of the birthday card I made as well as the turkey treat holders I made for my nieces and nephews.


Have a good week!
Barb

Product List

No comments :

Post a Comment