MENU

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Happy Holidays Blog Hop

 The fall weather has definitely arrived!  I love the crisp mornings and emerging colours, but it sure seems like Labour Day came and a switch was flipped this year.  It will be Christmas before we know it, so this month we are showcasing holiday cards with product from the new August-December mini catalogue.

One of my favourites is the Poinsettia Place Suite.  It has everything you need to make beautiful cards--stamps, dies, paper, embellishments, ribbon AND specialty paper.  My card is a fun fold that showcases all that pretty paper, and would be great for using up every last scrap!





This is a tri-fold shutter card and is the easiest fun fold you'll ever make--it's really all about the mountain/valley folds.  Start with a 5.5" x 12" piece of cardstock and score it at 2", 4", 8", and 10".  Give the paper a quarter turn and use a craft knife to cut a line between the first and last score lines at 1.5" at the top and bottom.  You can see the full tutorial that I followed at Splitcoaststampers.

From there it's just a matter of alternating folding some score lines (valleys) and out (mountains). The truly easy great part of this fun fold is that you end up with sections for DSP that are consistent in size, so you just cut strips of paper to fit and don't waste anything!

I used Crumb Cake ink to stamp my poinsettias, and added soft Sahara Sand shading.  The leaves are Old Olive with Sea Foam Green shading.  I could have highlighted the centres of the flowers with the Beaded Pearl embellishments included in the suite-it doesn't get more elegant than those--but instead I made my own with a combination of Basic and Metallic Pearls.


I used the same stitched die for the "inside" of my card to create a space for a personalized message, and added some soft stamping as embellishment.


I love the shading for this stamp set...they are separate pieces so you can use them or not, and they are almost like a watercolour, not intended to completely fill the stamped outline.


Continue the hop to see the other Christmas cards in our collection this month!











1 comment :

  1. Love your poinsettias—and it’s a gorgeous fun fold to boot! Doesn’t get any better than that! TFS

    ReplyDelete